Is Too Much Vitamin D Good for You? Learn More About it!

Can You Possibly Overdo Vitamin D?

One question many people are asking is whether one can get too much of essential nutrients or vitamins in general including Vitamin D. Can you overdo vitamin D?

The answer to this question is Yes and No. Yes, you can overdo Vitamins if you are taking mega doses of vitamin supplements. No, you can’t overdo Vitamins if you are taking fortified foods and fluids. This is because your body is capable of regulating any amount of nutrients from food and vitamins produced by the sun in the case of vitamin D.

You may be interested in:

  • Amaira Review – Here
  • Male Whitening – Here
  • Vaginal Lightening – Here


What is vitamin D toxicity?

Hypervitaminosis D, commonly referred to as vitamin D toxicity, is a potentially serious but rare condition that occurs where there is an excessive amount of vitamin D in your body. It usually happens if you are consuming more than 40,000 IU per day for several months or taking massive amounts at once.

Who is at risk of vitamins toxicity?

Anyone who consumes Vitamins supplements is in danger of taking too many vitamins. However, the majority of reported cases of vitamins overdose are from:

  • Children aged 18 years and below whose parents accidentally give them mega doses of vitamins.
  • People aged 18 years or older who take more than 10,000 IU of Vitamins per day for more than a year.
  • Elderly individuals who incorrectly take mega doses of vitamins.
  • Anyone who makes fortified foods with massive quantities of vitamins as a result of Industrial Accidents.

Vitamin D overdose symptoms

The overdose risks of vitamin D as a result of vitamin D supplements causes hypercalcemia. This condition is characterized by excessive accumulation of calcium in your body. When it occurs in your body, you experience symptoms such as vomiting, nausea, constipation, poor appetite, abnormal heart rhythm, confusion, and even kidney stones.

Keep in mind that if you feel sick immediately after taking Vitamins supplements, that is not an overdose. What you are experiencing is simply Vitamins side effects. Many people usually mistake them for an overdose but they are not the same thing.


Treatment if you have had an overdose

The treatment for vitamins overdose includes the stopping the intake of excessive quantities. Your healthcare provider also may prescribe medications and intravenous fluids to counter the symptoms. Common drugs that many doctors prescribe to deal with Vitamins toxicity include bisphosphonates and corticosteroids.


How much does it take to overdose?

The recommended dosage for most Vitamins is 2,000 IU per day for adults and 1,000 IU per day for children aged 12 years old and younger. These dosage requirements are based on the recommendations by the Institute of Medicine’s Food and Nutrition Board. While high levels of calcium in your blood are used to determine vitamins overdose, it takes massive quantities to cause an overdose.

Always take precautions

Even if symptoms of Vitamins including Vitamin D overdose are extremely rare, Vitamins toxicity is a reality in the vast majority of cases. So you should stick with your doctor’s recommended dosages to minimize associated risks. If you have had an overdose, don’t panic. Just get to your healthcare provider to prescribe medications for those symptoms.

You can also go to this page if you are looking to learn more about bleaching techniques and how it can improve your life.

Leave a Comment: